Three New Lions Join the Pack

Three of the Many Transfer Students Bring Fresh Perspectives to ILS
The+Royal+Courier+decided+to+focus+on+a+handful+of+the+many+new+transfer+students+joining+the+ILS+campus+this+year+who+have+arrived+from+overseas+and+have+athletic+pursuits.+
Aubree Arango
The Royal Courier decided to focus on a handful of the many new transfer students joining the ILS campus this year who have arrived from overseas and have athletic pursuits.

Like every year, it’s transfer season, and ILS has many new Royal Lions to its ranks.

The Royal Courier decided to profile three of them: junior Alan Schael, junior Nahia Riveros, and senior Martina Diaz.

Seventeen-year-old, Alan moved from Venezuela to Miami. a year before joining ILS. Until recently, he was an online academy student.

“I chose ILS because I love the environment, the food, the good teams, the good people, and overall it is a really good school,” he said.

Alan mentions the “good team” since he is a football player. He is #2 on the team and hopes to win states during his time here. 

Surprisingly, more people decided to join ILS this year, filling out athletic teams.

Nahia Riveros is a junior who just joined Track and Field. Originally from Madrid, Spain, she moved to Miami two years ago, and switched schools to come here.

She aspires to bring achievements for sports.

“At my old school, I didn’t get the chance to choose a sport I love. I actually didn’t even play a sport. But, when I came here, not only did I choose Track, but I realized the opportunities it can bring for me in the future,” she said.

Senior Martina Diaz only two months ago also moved to Miami from Madrid, Spain. What was interesting is to see how she moved just a year before graduating.

“I moved to Miami two months ago because of my dad’s work and when I had to choose a school, I came across many but Immaculata-La Salle stood out to me the most,” she said.

Not only did all these students come from different countries and choose Miami, but they all chose to attend ILS and plan to make history in their sports life while benefitting the community in the best ways they can.

$0
$500