The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Online versus In person shopping can offer the consumer a variety of choices.
Online Vs. Shopping In Person
Daniela Beltran, Writer • May 1, 2024
Seniors Valentina Gonzalez,Isabella Brand, Antonella Velasquez, Mia Mena, Daniela Quirós, Miranda Dunbar, and Megan Dominguez pose for pictures before prom begins.
A Night to Remember
Antonella Velasquez, Editor-in-Chief • April 29, 2024
Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024

Inside the Mind of a Cheerleader

The+cheerleading+team+poses+for+a+group+photo+before+the+Homecoming+Pep+Rally.+
Coral Buxeda
The cheerleading team poses for a group photo before the Homecoming Pep Rally.

“As exhausting as it gets, you are really only as strong as your weakest teammate and the better you do your job, the more rewarding the outcome is,”

— senior Zaharie Santana

In the bright world of cheerleading, where the cheers are loud and moves are bold, there is a whole story hidden behind all the glitter and pep. It is not just about routines and shaking some pom poms, but it is about dreams, challenges, and finding your own spotlight in the midst of all the cheer. 

After interviewing multiple cheerleaders, anyone can really see their perspective, which is more than what anyone as an audience can appreciate. 

“Practice is draining, exhausting, and yes it helps us but it gets to the point where I just think when is this going to be done,” said senior Michelle Rodriguez.

Most things in life get draining after a while and when fans see cheerleaders, they never think how much effort and time it really takes. 

Not only is it time, effort, and strength for these cheerleaders, but it is also lots of pressure:

“The only thing that goes through my mind while performing in front of a lot of people is do not mess up as too many people are watching for you to forget to do your job right all of a sudden,” also added Michelle.

“The only thing that goes through my mind while holding someone up is, it is your job to keep her up and don’t let her fall. And if the routine gets messed up, it’s really frustrating if it’s your own group just because it feels like you cost it for everyone else and if it’s not, it’s even more frustrating especially if it was a silly mistake,” said senior Megan Dominguez. 

Behind the cheerleader’s world of glitter and pep, there’s a real story of hard work and team spirit. Michelle, Megan, and Zaharie shared how tough practices can get, the pressure during performances, and the frustration when things go wrong. It’s more than just routines; it’s about being strong for your team and finding reward in teamwork. Their minds hold a story that goes beyond the routines, teaching others about resilience, teamwork, and the drive to be excellent, even when the cheers have stopped. 

$0
$500