Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

Burberry’s 2024 Winter Wonderland Offers Delight

Mike Marsland/WireImage
Rachel Weisz, the actress, attended the Burberry show during London Fashion Week in September of 2023 wearing the forest green color which incidentally played a pivotal role in this year’s collection. (Photo:Getty Images Mike Marsland/WireImage)

In the heart of London’s Victoria Park, Burberry revealed its highly anticipated Winter 2024 collection, a season designed by Daniel Lea and inspired by the great outdoors.

“I wanted this collection to feel warm and protective,” explained Lea.

Celebrities which included the likes of Jonathan Bailey, Central Cee, Lila Moss, Anna Wintour, and Barry Keoghan were spotted watching the runway, as the models showed off pieces like coats with intricate floral motifs and leather jackets paired with rugged hiking boots. Certain outfits really shined on the runway, including the deep V-necked olive sweater paired with a pleated maxi skirt and a rich brown sweater dress decorated with thick fringes. Along with all the fresh looks, they stayed true to their Burberry identity and added signature elements, like their tartan-checked print and oversized bags. The color palette was filled with earthy tones, forest green, rich brown, and slate grays.  Accents of red and deep blues added depth. Each garment in the collection used ethically-sourced materials and eco-friendly production methods.

Senior Sofia Yanes, who is always up to date on the latest fashion trends, was very pleased.

“I am obsessed with all the coats and how elevated they look. The colors and furs and fringes are gorgeous,” she said.

The music of Amy Winehouse provided the soundtrack as models like Naomi Campbell, Lily Cole, and many more talented faces, graced the runway.

Senior Alana Salazar also appreciated the detailed display.

“I love big bags that I can just throw everything into, and this runway had so many different ones that are like bigger than my head,” she said.

Burberry’s winter fashion event redefined what it means to be stylish, highlighting fashion past, fashion now, and most importantly, fashion tomorrow.

$0
$500