Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

Exploring the Newest Makeup Brands

These+four+of+the+new+affordable+makeup+brands+are+safe+for+all+skin+types.+
Ella Baker
These four of the new affordable makeup brands are safe for all skin types.

With a growing awareness on sensitive skin in the past few years, new skincare/makeup brands have emerged, corresponding to conditions such as acne, rosacea, and eczema. Tower 28, for example, is a relatively new brand that is currently the first and only makeup brand to follow National Eczema Association’s Ingredient Guidelines. Their products are said to be clean, toxin free, allergy and dermatologist tested, vegan, gluten and fragrance free, non irritating and overall safe for all skin types.

“I use some of their products and I have acne-prone skin, so I breakout easily but never had problems with Tower 28,” said senior Catherine Barrabes.

Co-founded in 2020 by Jess Hunt and Jenna Meek, REFY is another one of the new makeup brands that seem to be trending these days. Their products have become TikTok sensations, with the REFY Brow, their collection of eyebrow products, being their most popular. REFY beauty encourages a simplified makeup look. For this reason, the brand only sells the “essentials,” which are easy to use and multifunctional. REFY’s collection consists of lip products, blush, highlighting products, mascara, bronzers, and setting powders. Additionally, all of their products are vegan and cruelty free. 

With a more expansive product line than REFY, Kosas was launched by Sheena Zadeh-Dally in 2015, originally offering only a handful of lipsticks. They branched out from there, now producing a wide range of products from foundation to mascara, to face oils which can be bought at Sephora where all the products explored in this article are available. Just like the other new makeup brands mentioned, Kosas is cruelty free, dermatologist tested, and hypoallergenic. They have banned over 2700 ingredients and claim to use only the cleanest, comfiest, and healthiest. 

Lastly, Huda Beauty is a cosmetics line launched in 2013 by Huda Kattan, who in 2017 was named one of “The 25 Most Imfluential People on the Internet” by Time and one of the Top Three Beauty Influencers by Forbes.  Huda’s first product was a series of false eyelashes, released through Sephora. The false eyelashes achieved great success and rose to even more fame when Kim Kardashian wore them. It is one of the world’s fastest growing makeup brands. Huda Kattan, who is now a self-made, award-winning billionaire started off as a beauty blogger. From their complexion products, to their lipsticks, to their eyeshadow palettes, Huda Beauty products have all been bestsellers.This is said to be due to their high quality and valuable ingredients. 

$0
$500