ILS Junior Pablo Amat Makes Local News!

ILS junior Pablo Amat speaking on the news about his “From Our Generation to the World” YouTube video.

Sofia Farres, Writer

On Monday April 27th, CBS 4 aired a story on ILS junior Pablo Amat in regards to a video he created titled, “From Our Generation to the World.”

Amat posted the video on YouTube two weeks ago and it has over 4,800 views. The video is about many high school musicians coming together and singing the John Mayer song, “Waiting on the World to Change.” 

He worked hard to get the video as much exposure as possible, especially since it has such a positive message when it’s such a difficult time for the world. 

After a couple failed attempts of reaching out to people he thought could help, he finally remembered that he had a connection with CBS 4 news anchor, Eliot Rodriguez. 

Amat emailed him and he loved it and ended up doing a whole story on it that aired on the news and was accompanied with an article on the CBS website.

“Seeing myself on the TV was something pretty weird but at the same time it felt like a milestone,” said Amat. “Like if I did something I’ve been wanting for for a long time.”

Amat has had a passion for music and for making a difference his whole life and looks forward to making many more videos incorporating both of those things in the future.  

“I’m definitely going to make more videos. They’ll be either about other matters or my own songs on different subjects and sending different messages to the world,” said Amat. 

If you haven’t already, make sure to go check out Amat’s video and his CBS interview! It’s worth the watch.