Daniel Recinos: iPad Hero

Laura Berry

Mr. Daniel Recinos shown as the hero going around school to fix all students iPads. He really is the “iPad hero”!

Laura Berry, Staff

Who is Daniel Recinos? At ILS, he is known as the tech guy who’s job it is to fix iPads, program the books, control the apps, and handle restrictions. He’s also in charge of live-streaming sports and events here at ILS.

Recinos is a 23-year-old ILS graduate, class of 2016. Recinos lived in Bolivia until he was five-years-old and then moved to New Orleans because of family. Two years later, he moved to Miami.

Recinos talked about how he has always been interested in technology.

“I was fascinated by technology growing up. When I was around 8 or 9, I would set up the Wi-Fi at home,” he said.

Recinos came in as a freshman to ILS, and through his high school years, he was part of the tech squad.

Recino’s dad also works at ILS where you probably know him as the theology teacher, or the one urging everyone to stay safe during lunch and breakfast.

“He’s always been into technology. He’s rewired the whole house and made the Wi-Fi run so much faster,” explained Mr. Danilo Recinos.

“Throughout my experience working here, there hasn’t been any crazy occurrence that has to do with iPads, but when I attended ILS, I do remember that one of my friends cracked his iPad. He decided because it was already cracked to just crack it more because, why not? So there he is, throwing it on the floor and eventually bending it. Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, he was charged around $800, which was the full price of an iPad at the time,” remembered Mr. Recinos.

“So moral of the story is, be careful with your iPads, and don’t let them get more cracked than they are,” he advised.

When he graduated in 2016, he attended Barry University for his first semester. After, he started attending FIU, where he is still taking classes.

“So my current major right now is a Bachelor of Science in Internet of Things (IoT), majoring in cybersecurity. IoT is the understanding of smart devices and how they communicate with each other. I also graduated last year with a Bachelor’s in Business Administration, majoring in business analytics,” he explained.

Recinos started working at ILS in August 2018.

“I did an internship with my former boss who did information technology at ILS. One day, I asked if they needed help. Then, I got hired and finally got the job,” Mr. Recinos remembered.

Mr. Recinos has been working at ILS for about three years.

“I enjoy my job because the schedule allows me to be a student at college, but also do my job working at ILS,” he said.

When asked about what he thought about Apps like Disney Plus and Netflix being recently removed from iPads, Recinos responded, “I’m not sure when or why they were removed, but what I believe is that with balance of doing all your work and your grades meeting what they need to be at ILS, then I don’t think there is any harm in having Disney Plus and Netflix on students iPads.”

Whenever someone needs help with their iPad, they can reach out to him by making an iHelp ticket through the iHelp app.

“The other day, I was having trouble with my Apple ID. I needed to get the iOS update to take a test, and if I didn’t have it, I would’ve got points off because all students were supposed to have it updated. But he came to save the day and fixed my Apple ID issue, and also saved my grade from going lower by explaining the situation to my teacher,” recalled senior Brianna Ramos.

“(Mr.) Recinos has helped me with figuring out how to do livestreams on sports,” said senior Ignacio Gamero.

“One time, my password to my school email wasn’t working. I sent an iHelp ticket and he came to fix it. I was so relieved to get my email to work again,” senior Ariana Paredes added.

Mr. Recinos has helped out these and many more students around campus with their iPads and without him, students wouldn’t have someone to count on when they had technical difficulties.

So, Recinos is not just “the tech guy,” he’s the iPad hero!

Thank you for your help Mr. Recinos!