Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

Color Wars: The Peace in the Midst of War

Valentina Lanza
Students of all grades come together to participate in Color Wars.

Never would anyone have assumed that being covered in colored powder would be serve as neutral ground. Pride, school spirit, and pure excitement are all motives for the fun activity that took place on Monday, October 16, on the field past the 900 building. Enveloped in pink, yellow, and blue, all grades came together despite the harsh competition for best Homecoming class.

As HOCO week continues, numerous fundraisers, activities, and competitions contribute to the intense war occurring at Immaculata-La Salle. Throughout October 16th – 20th, each class is pitted against each other by radiating fiery school spirit.

“This week is going to be very tense and full of games. Winning is something that every class is fighting for,” shared junior Gina Weinstein.

The daily competitions create a strained atmosphere at ILS that grows as each class gains the upper hand, resulting in very passionate and ambitious students who are striving for their class to win the trophy.

“Seniors are going to lose because juniors run this,” Gina animatedly said.

The environment Color Wars embodied allowed the dust to settle and peace to crawl in just for an instant, essentially bringing all classes together in their devotion to ILS and enjoying their time with each other.

“It’s great to see students from all classes are here; it really shows how connected the upperclassmen and underclassmen can be,”

— Angelina Wiltz

junior Angelina Wiltz said.

Tossing colored powdered in the air and letting it completely devour you brings a sense of unity to the participants.

“Everyone there just wanted to have fun and get drenched in color,” Angelina explained.

The experience all together is one students look forward to every HOCO week, and results in countless of photos and great memories. The activity itself serves as an excellent tranquilizer in between the tensions for the fight for first place, reminding the classes that despite the winner, everyone is a part of the greater and connected student body.

$0
$500