Seniors Valentina Gonzalez,Isabella Brand, Antonella Velasquez, Mia Mena, Daniela Quirós, Miranda Dunbar, and Megan Dominguez, taking pictures before prom .
A Night to Remember
Antonella Velasquez, Editor-in-Chief • April 29, 2024
Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024

Giving Back to the Community with CDM

Elsa Molleda
You might spot the CDM truck around town distributing supplies like food and clothing to anyone in Miami who is in need.

Charity is a selfless act that gives back to the community, and involves giving back in ways like donating money, clothes, and food. Charities are typically nonprofit organizations that focus primarily on helping others. The ultimate goal is to make a positive impact which is something that CDM Community Church strives to accomplish. Since CDM is a church-based organization, they also seek to help those who desire religious involvement.

At CDM, a volunteer prepares disposable containers to fill them with food. Photo: Javier Martinez

This charity also has special events for the homeless or anyone who needs company on holidays. For instance, CDM organizes a Thanksgiving dinner, and for Christmas they collect clothes, blankets for when the winter gets slightly colder, and food.

Conrad Molleda is a senior pastor who loves the organization and everything it stands for. Every year CDM goes out among Miami neighborhoods with the goal of providing homeless individuals with some much needed items. Volunteer Elsa Molleda says that they also provide homeless persons with clothes, furniture, and other supplies.

A CDM truck is loaded with charitable items to be donated to members of Miami’s homeless community. Photo: Elsa Molleda

The charity is funded by monetary donations, food items, clothes for all ages, furniture, home supplies, and even strollers and car seats for babies. 

The goal is to provide some release to those in need, many of whom have medical or mental health conditions.

— Conrad Molleda, Senior Pastor

CDM Community Church welcomes all individuals seeking God’s love and they keep their doors open to every soul seeking to welcome Jesus into their hearts. The CDM mission statement has to do with guiding people of all backgrounds to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The main area that CDM works with is the Miami metropolitan Area. They give back to mothers, children, teenagers and adults of all kinds in this area.

CDM volunteers are also members of the church who participate in the collecting and classifying of supplies, preparing meals, and serving needy families. They welcome donations from anyone who wants to give back to their community. This charity embodies the spirit of empathy and humanity by contributing for the greater good. 

We feed about 250 families every Thursday!

— Elsa Molleda

Our institution supports CDM because they do a terrific job for the community. We gladly provide funds that help them carry out their mission.

— Javier Martinez

$0
$500