The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

Hope for Haiti: Be The Light in the Darkness

Throughout the years, Haiti has had numerous challenges. The people have fought through natural disasters, socio-economic issues, corrupt governments, and being overrun by gangs. While growing up, my Haitian father told me many stories about his life in Haiti. It used to be a beautiful place, safer than any other island. As he grew older, many of his friends have died or have been kidnapped by gangs for ransom. He has witnessed many gruesome moments of death among the people rivaling against the gangs.

Fortunately, there is Hope for Haiti.

This charity tirelessly works to help the lives of these people. They provide resources such as education and healthcare. The first time going to Haiti, I was first met with children with their mothers holding each other under a poorly constructed, cardboard house. Like anyone else, my heart melted at the sight.

The impact of Hope for Haiti has reached many supporters.

“It is hard to put into words my feelings about Hope for Haiti. The amount of sacrifice I see given to help serve others is heartwarming, to say the least. Visiting Haiti, and being able to stay on site to witness the everyday activities at the clinic, ICU and rescue center is something that has profoundly changed my life. I am happy to introduce others to all that they do and to help in any capacity that I am able. I am truly overwhelmed with joy that facilities like this exist and even more overjoyed that there are heaps of supporters out there that make this possible,” said Katie Meyer, a volunteer.

The children who most benefit from the nonprofit, Hope for Haiti. Photo Courtesy of Hope for Haiti.

“I lived in Haiti for 20 months at another mission, but I absolutely loved to spend time at Hope for Haiti. Some of my favorite memories of volunteering there were getting to know the staff and just being able to make a difference for one hour at a time, whether it was learning creole while sorting pills or holding babies. I bless their mission for making a difference in so many thousands of lives and for pouring their lives out for Jesus,”  said Leanne, a volunteer.

“Hope for Haiti is a top-notch family-operated mission. They truly care about the people they serve. I have been to their mission and seen the work they do first-hand. You can 100% feel assured that all donations are allocated as they should be and that many people are being ministered to not only physically but spiritually also,”  said Shealy, another volunteer.

By supporting this charity, we can contribute to positive change, invest in a better future for the country, and do the work of God.

$0
$500