Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

The Latest Trend In Dieting: Food for Fuel

This illustrated line drawing represents the latest movement in the health and fitness space: Food for Fuel. Photo: JuhanSonin

The last fifty years have witnessed an onslaught of fads and ideas competing for the coveted title of the ultimate road to health and wellness in the ever-evolving field of dieting trends. The 1980s’ neon-clad exercise videos and the 1990s and 2000s’ fixation with ultra-thin supermodels both represented significant shifts in society’s attitudes on food and body image.

The emergence of the supermodel period in the 1990s contributed to a new degree of fascination and commercialization with diets. As the glamorization of incredibly thin bodies proliferated on billboards and magazine covers, the pressure to meet unattainable beauty standards intensified. Foods labeled as “light” or “diet” saturated the market, offering fast satisfaction and short solutions. Popular national diet brands that offered pre-packaged meals and individualized weight loss strategies were Jenny Craig and Marie Osmond’s Nutrisystem. Despite their questionable health effects, extreme diets like the South Beach Diet, the Cabbage Diet, and the Atkins Diet became popularized. 

Fast-forwarding to the present, many still want to lose weight despite the fact that different body types are now more accepted. To answer this concern, The Food for Fuel Diet was born.

Food for Fuel is a contemporary nutritional strategy that places an emphasis on providing the body with nutritious, nutrient-dense foods. This strategy teaches people to regard food as fuel for their bodies rather than as the enemy, encouraging a sustainable and balanced diet.

A move towards a more holistic approach to health is indicated by the rise in popularity of weight-loss drugs such as Ozempic, which coincides with this trend. Furthermore, intermittent fasting is becoming more and more popular, with supporters praising its advantages for weight loss and general health.

One thing is constant in the ever-evolving world of diet trends: while achieving health and wellbeing is a trip with many detours, the goal is eventually to discover what suits each person’s body and way of life.

$0
$500