Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

How Do I Stay Off My Phone?

Get the Lowdown with Lucy
Though she has yet to be seen, preferring to keep a low profile, artist Danna Chalela managed to capture her likeness. Art: Danna Chalela

Hey Lucy, I’ve been noticing that I have been using my phone a lot more recently, and it’s been leading me to procrastinate on my homework and spend less time with my family and friends. Do you have any advice for me?
– Confused in Coral Gables 

Hi, friend! After spending most of my life in Savannah without the comfort of technology, I might have a few tips that could help you out. 

One thing I can recommend for you is to delete social media from your phone. Most likely, the thing that is keeping your brain from shutting off the phone is the habit of scrolling and the endless line of content. By deleting those social media apps, that temptation will be gone and you will have less use of your phone. 

Another thing that I think would help you is to set a time limit for your phone. In Settings, go to Screen Time and press App & Website activity. There, you can limit your screen time on individual apps or on your phone in general. 

— Lucy

My last tip for you is to shut off your phone completely when you are at school. This will help you focus better on your schoolwork, encourage you to talk to your friends at lunch, and overall lead to you feeling okay without using your phone for a couple of hours. You can text all of your friends and post after school is over, but for the time being, just live in the present. 

I hope this helps! Have a grrrreat day!

Need advice? Reach out! You can submit your woes and inquiries to lucy@ilsroyals.com!

Be sure to keep up with me and tune in for the latest roar!

Stay fierce!

Lucy

$0
$500