La Salle’s Future Lawyer: Ignacio Gamero

Allison Perez, Staff

Among the halls of Immaculata-La Salle walks a student with a passion for action. He holds an appreciation for the art of debate and making sure that his voice is heard, whether it’s from the front of the stage as the Executive Board president or with his team at a competition as a Debate Club member. His openness to learning and meeting new people has pushed him to become the accomplished senior that he is today, and his name is Ignacio Gamero.

Attending ILS has granted Gamero many opportunities for ensuring that he graduates high school feeling proud as a student leader. Freshman year, in order to build on his interest for debate, he joined the Varsity Debate Team and has been a treasured member ever since. This club has allowed him to build on his public speaking, communication, and argumentative skills, all of which he now uses as an involved senior. In addition to those skills, Gamero has learned valuable lessons over the years and implemented them into his daily life .

“This school has taught me the true meaning of community, friendship, and a second family. It’s taught me lessons that I am going to carry forever, and I feel well-prepared to go onto college and into life,” he said.

By adding these ideals into his mentality, he has been able to accomplish everything he has wished for during over the past three years, including winning the position of Executive Board President. 

“I love being on the board; I get to work with amazing, talented, and hardworking people everyday. It’s definitely a lot of work and effort on my part, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything,” he said.

As the Executive Board President, Gamero serves as the bridge between students and the administration, making sure that everyone’s wishes for a fun and exciting school year is granted. He organizes and plans out all of the favorite school events, such as Welcome Week, Homecoming Week, and March Madness.  

Debate Club and his leadership positions aren’t the only important parts of his life.  As a child, he enjoyed spending time outdoors and experiencing nature first-hand. That love for the environment has stayed with him so that these days he enjoys going kayaking and riding his bike when he needs to clear his head. In the future, when he is able to take a break from being a lawyer, Gamero hopes to travel the world with his family and spend an entire summer National Park hopping in the Northwest.

But when you set the titles and hobbies aside, Gamero is a student who hopes to inspire his peers. His kindness and confidence grant him the ability to open up to those around him and show them that they could be anything they dream.

With that said, Gamero has some advice for students new to ILS.

“Never be too scared to do something. Don’t back down from a challenge, and don’t be afraid to shoot your shot. Focus on your school work and don’t slack off, but also live. High school only happens once in life, so don’t let it pass you by without having some fun. Join clubs and sports teams, stay after school, and maybe even run for SGA.”