LTV Takes Over Telemundo

Ms. Maria Molina

Senior Juliana Lujan-Rodriguez and sophomore Joaquin Martinelli on the set of the ‘Hoy Día’ show.

Marcella Orlandini, Writer

On January 26, twenty-eight lucky LTV students were able to visit Telemundo studios for a recent field trip.

Though all media-related classes offered the opportunity, it was overwhelmingly the LTV students who submitted permission slips and a nominal fee to cover transportation, who ended up visiting the vast and modern television studios located in Doral. Exploring Telemundo proved to a great experience for those interested in pursuing a career in broadcasting.

“This trip has helped me view a new insight of the world of journalism, giving me the opportunity to experience the career and life I wish to follow later on,” said senior Juliana Lujan-Rodriguez.

Telemundo is a Spanish-language media firm which creates and broadcasts top-notch Spanish-language programming for viewers in the United States and across the globe. It delivers original content, movies, news, and sports coverage, specifically.

During the field trip students were able to explore different places around the headquarters. Most of the studios and control rooms, including one of them being Hoy Día. 

Hoy Día is a morning tv show with variety, entertainment, inspiring topics, and useful information for Hispanic communities. It also delivers the latest news to keep viewers informed. In the studio, there was even a kitchen where guest chefs create Latin cuisine for others to enjoy.

“We saw the main studio where, a few hours later, was used to go live on the Telemundo channel. We even met some anchors, one being Nacho Lozano,” added Juliana. 

Nacho Lozano is a Mexican journalist who is one of the main anchors for the program Hoy Día. 

“It was so exciting to see all the sets i grew up watching with my grandparents and knowing i could some day work on a set like this,” said Joaquin Martinelli.

The students also had the chance to meet the producer of the 2022 World Cup for Telemundo, who gave one of the students a little trophy for answering the question, “Which player scored a goal in each of his matches?” The answer, by the way, was Messi.

“Overall, the trip was very enjoyable, which is why I am very grateful for the teachers who were able to organize the trip. If it were up to me, I would have probably never left,” concluded Juliana.