The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Junior Mia Suarez, senior Daniela Aguila, and others, make bubbles out of their giant slime combination.
Slime is Back!
Lucia Salazar, Writer • May 8, 2024
Students in Ms. Cecilia Calleros D block enjoy an Earth Day activity. Photo:  Mrs. Cecilia Calleros
Earth Day Royal Style
Luna Fernandez, Writer • May 7, 2024

Class Rings: Are they Worth it?

Opinions Differ
Siggie Brea
Seniors Zaharie Santana and Pierina Santusino show off their class ring overjoyed after receiving at the Junior Ring Ceremony.

Class rings are suppose to symbolize class pride and belonging. However, not everyone has the same opinion. Some do it for the memories while others think the yearbook is enough. Then there are those who think the design is pretty and others who  don’t.

“I think class rings are really good to have because they hold a lot of sentimental value. Also, the company is great because they have a lifetime warranty so you can get it fixed, resized, cleaned, etc. It’s a big stepping stone in life which you get to be proud of,” said senior Zaharie Santana.

The company ILS works with for class rings is HJ Miami which is the same one used for yearbook photos. There are many options to choose from whether students want a gold, silver, or rose gold ring; they’ve got it. Parents are supposed to order the ring for their kids and then give it to them during the Junior Ring Ceremony, a beautiful moment for the class to come together and receive the ring they are going to keep forever as a reminder of their high school years.

“I’m going to get one for the memories and because I think they are cute,” stated junior Mia Gomez.

Nevertheless, as stated earlier not everyone has the same opinion. There are students who don’t like the designs or don’t wear rings so they think it’s pointless to buy one. Perhaps, if ILS were to branch out and give other options like bracelets and necklaces, there would be other opinions on this matter. The entire concept of class rings is to keep a piece of high school with you and for the class to come together in the ceremony, but by limiting people’s options, some students are being denied that opportunity.

“I didn’t get one because I didn’t like any of the designs and I know it’s about the memories, but I feel like I would never wear it and end up loosing it,” admitted senior Victoria Chevallier Boutell.

Now the decision is yours. Are class rings worth it? Answer the poll!

This poll has ended.

Are Class Rings Worth it?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

$0
$500