The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Home Alone is Always a Christmas Hit

The unforgettable expression of actor Macaulay Culkin in the film which turned him into a worldwide sensation is celebrated every Christmas.
Home Alone

Home Alone continues to be considered a holiday favorite all these many years. Considered one of the best Christmas movies of all time, it has become an annual classic praised for its quotable phrases, moral teachings, hilarious hijinks, and lovable main character.

When released, it was the number one film at the box office for 12 consecutive weeks for the weekend of November 16–18, 1990 through the weekend of February 1–3, 1991.

“I’ve watched Home Alone since I was a little girl because it gives me so many Christmas vibes that I’m always happy watching that movie either with friends or family,” said sophomore Valentina Parra.

As family is everything, Home Alone represents the actions any loving member would do for family no matter what just to see and spend time with them.

“I love the movie Home Alone because every time I watch it, I smile. It brings me so muchjJoy to have a movie that feels like Christmas,” said junior Javiera Escobar.

Back when planning for the film, it took the makers behind the movie weeks to find the perfect house in which to set the film. 

Ultimately, they chose a house in Winnetka, Illinois, because they thought it was both warm and menacing.

This movie instills family values like respecting and honoring loved ones as well as lifting up and supporting them. More importantly, moreover, it instills values that reinforce what Christmas is all about; the holiday spirit and being kind to others in order to honor the religious celebration of Jesus’ birth.

“Even though I love Home Alone and it’s Christmas vibe, I love the morals of the story. It shows that it’s important to be adaptable and resourceful when times demand it. There’s nothing more important than family. It’s important to make up after an argument,” said sophomore Senna Trafton.

Home Alone grossed $285.8 million in the United States and Canada and $190.9 million in other countries for a worldwide total of $476.7 million, against a production budget of $18 million, making it one of the most successful films of the 20th century.

$0
$500