Seniors Valentina Gonzalez,Isabella Brand, Antonella Velasquez, Mia Mena, Daniela Quirós, Miranda Dunbar, and Megan Dominguez, taking pictures before prom .
A Night to Remember
Antonella Velasquez, Editor-in-Chief • April 29, 2024
Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024

The Grammys Are Back And Better Than Ever

Gabriel Gurrola
The Grammys are considered a huge milestone of an accomplishment for many musical artists.

The Grammys have a reputation for being one of the most respected award shows of the year. Artists across genres are honored for their addition to the music community.

The very exciting lineup for the 2024 annual Grammys February 4th (Recording Academy (Instagram))

Taylor Swift is a highly respected member of the music industry, her hard work continuing to pay off as she is nominated in 6 different areas. Her song Anti-Hero has been nominated for huge categories such as Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year, and Best Pop Solo Performance. She released her 10th studio album Midnights in the fall of 2022, her beautiful melodies and songwriting abilities are a prominent part of this record. It is nominated in categories such as Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album.

SZA is an R&B artist who is loved by many; her recent album SOS has received so much love from listeners. Her hard work also pays off as she is the most nominated artist this year. Her song Kill Bill (which has received over a billion streams) is nominated for both Record Of The Year and Song Of The Year. SOS is nominated in fields such as Album Of The Year and Best Progressive R&B Album.

Boygenius can easily be described as “Alternative Royalty.” They are a band contrived of popular solo artists, Phoebe Bridgers, Julien Baker and Lucy Dacus. Early 2023, they released their first studio album The Record after a five-year hiatus. Fans loved this album, the song Not Strong Enough has over 80 million streams and multiple Grammy nominations. It was nominated for Record Of The Year, Best Rock Performance, Best Rock Song. Their equally popular song, Cool About It, was nominated in categories such as Best Alternative Music Performance. The Record has been nominated in categories such as Best Alternative Music Album and Album Of The Year. Phoebe Bridgers even got a solo nomination, alongside SZA, in the category Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.

Miley Cyrus has been a huge part of pop culture since she was young, even now in 2024, she is still receiving her “flowers.” She released Endless Summer Vacation in August of 2023 and has received over a billion streams on her song Flowers. Endless Summer Vacation is nominated in categories such as Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album. Flowers is highly nominated as well, in categories such as Best Pop Solo Performance, Song Of The Year and Record Of The Year.

Billie Eilish is a very popular pick when it comes to Grammy season, so it is no surprise that her song What Was I Made For? has received multiple nominations. The song was streamed over 600 million times and is nominated in categories such as Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year, and Best Pop Solo Performance.

Many more talented artists are being praised this year. To find out who takes the win, tune into the Grammys this Sunday.

$0
$500