Award Season is Finally Upon Us

What are Your Predictions?
The cast of award winning film, “Oppenhiemer” celebrates its many wins at the Golden Globes. Photo: Getty Images/Christopher Polk/Golden Globes 2024

It’s officially award season ILS. The Academy has published all the nominees and with this also many predictions, especially from students. Interestingly, many said that this is the first time that they have watched almost every movie that’s been nominated. 

“Usually, I only know like two at best,” said junior Rashad Lee.

Now, most people think that Oppenheimer will snag all the awards it is nominated for; however, there are many other movies that have a shot. For example, Poor Things, Maestro, Killers of The Flower Moon, etc. 

“Now don’t get me wrong, I do think Oppenhiemer is a masterpiece but Killers of the Flower Moon was such a good movie as well,” exclaimed senior Andrea Celada. 

Another huge controversy in the nominations is “Best Animated Film.” Many think that Spider-Man Across the Spider-verse should win. Others believe that The Boy and The Heron should take the statue. Studio Ghibli, which created The Boy and The Heron, is a greatly loved animation production company, creating movies that have spread anime all around the world. 

“I think The Boy and The Heron should win because well it was just beautifully animated,” said sophomore Lily Blanco. 

Spider-man should for sure win, it’s not even a question,” exclaimed senior Andrea De Armas. 

All in all, award season allows for some of the more friendly disagreements between friends and social media, or at least as “friendly” as it can be. It is also one of the most entertaining times of the year for its red carpet fashion, and for those who love television and cinema. 

“I love award season. I always love reviewing the outfits worn on the red carpet.”

— Senior Victoria Harding

$0
$500