The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

Catholic Relief Services: Testament to Compassion and Dedication

Cristina Ramirez
Catholic Legal Services has partnered with the Florida Bar Association among other organizations to provide much needed assistance for those seeking asylum.

Catholic Legal Services, a nonprofit organization, provides crucial assistance to fleeing immigrants seeking asylum in the United States.

“Through the advancement of the idea of equal access to the legal system and the provision of legal services to the most vulnerable members of the community, we are dedicated to justice and the reduction of human suffering,” remarked Randolph McGrorty, the CEO of the organization. Mr. McGrorty’s words underscore the core mission of Catholic Legal Services: to ensure that everyone, regardless of their background or circumstances, has access to legal representation and protection.

Matilde Angulo, a long-time member of Catholic Legal Services, shared her profound experience.

“I’ve been working at Catholic Legal Services for more than two years. In my time here, I’ve helped more than 200 people legally find asylum in the United States after coming here from Latin American countries. It’s been some of the most difficult yet fulfilling work experience that I’ve ever endured, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world,” she said.

Her dedication to her work exemplifies the unwavering commitment of the organization’s staff to serving the most vulnerable members of society.

Amidst the challenges, solidarity thrives within the legal team. Matilde’s son, Carlos Soto-Angulo, acknowledges the impact of his mother’s work.

“Seeing my mom do all this for immigrants is very empowering, and I hope that I can one day make the same impact,” he said.

His words reflect the ripple effect of compassion and dedication, inspiring future generations to continue in their fight for justice, equality, and access.

Beyond the numbers and statistics, Catholic Legal Services embodies a spirit of compassion and empathy that transcends borders and barriers. Their work not only provides legal assistance, it also offers hope and support to those who have faced unimaginable hardships in their journey toward seeking asylum.

To donate, volunteer, or for more information:

https://www.cclsmiami.org/

$0
$500