The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

Where In the World is Princess Kate?

This is the edited photo of Princess Kate and her children; George, Charlotte, and Louis. Can you spot the edited bits? Photo: Kensington Palace

You would never believe that the biggest scandal of the year started with a Photoshopped image of Princess Kate and her children to celebrate Mother’s Day. It all started on March 10, when the royal family had posted the photo and many people started commenting that it seemed to be digitally altered. When the royal family also came out with an apology stating, “Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing.” However, it wasn’t just changing the filter and such, it was full-on Photoshopping, grabbing other photos of her children and placing them there. 

My mother-in-law was a huge fan of the royal family. Me, not so much.

— Mr. Eric Beltran

The whole situation is absolutely bizarre as on January 17, 2024, Princess Kate entered the hospital for “planned abdominal surgery” and that recovery time would take around two weeks. Interestingly, the only time Prince William visited her was January 18th. On January 29, the princess was reported as discharged from the hospital. At that point she had not been seen by the public in 35 days, and it just kept increasing. Now most recently, there was a video spotting William and Kate leaving a shop. Still, more speculation has occurred when people noticed Christmas decorations in the background. 

“Honestly, I think that she had plastic surgery or something. The recovery for that is usually around three months so it would make sense,” said sophomore Lily Blanco. 

Many people who have never really cared for the royal family started to pay attention after this incident mainly because of how insane it was. Since what will from now on be known as the “Royal Photoshop Incident,” many people have begun speculating about where the princess truly is. Memes appearing on social media come up with the most insane scenarios. 

“Honestly, I think that the prince and she are getting a divorce because of an affair. But because  of what happened to Diana they are trying to do it quietly.” said senior Andrea De Armas

However, divorce is highly unlikely since they are the royal family who try to project a very specific “image” (pun intended). Rumors of an affair have been around for years. If they were to get a divorce because of that, it would have happened ages ago. People around the world have not been so interested in the royal family since Harry and Megan officially left, Megzit, around four years ago. Maybe it’s all a publicity stunt? 

Stay tuned as this sage continues to unfold.

$0
$500