Junior Mia Suarez, senior Daniela Aguila, and others, make bubbles out of their giant slime combination.
Slime is Back!
Lucia Salazar, Writer • May 8, 2024
Students in Ms. Cecilia Calleros D block enjoy an Earth Day activity. Photo:  Mrs. Cecilia Calleros
Earth Day Royal Style
Luna Fernandez, Writer • May 7, 2024

Mental Health Day Recognized in October

More+awareness+about+mental+health+can+prevent+students+from+feeling+overwhelmed.+
Chloe Capture
More awareness about mental health can prevent students from feeling overwhelmed.

Along with the pink,pumpkins, and pinatas, October is also a month focused on Mental Health.

As a matter of fact, this past October 10th had been designated World Mental Health Day.

Mental Health is the combination of emotional, social, and psychological well-being. The purposes of this day of commemoration are to raise awareness of mental health issues globally and to support mental health. Mental health care workers can discuss their work on this day and what must be done to aid mental health care. Mental health affects feelings, thoughts, decision making, and how stress management.

Senior Pierina Santeusanio sees the value in mental health care.

“As someone who would like to pursue a degree in clinical psychology, I believe that mental health is one of the most important aspects of one’s daily life. I believe that every high school student deserves a therapist to be mentally healthy,” she said.

High school students undergo lots of stress which can include but is not limited to grades, sports, clubs, friends, relationships, and family. These stressors make an impact on mental health. Senior Rachael Restrepo understands these stressors personally. 

“I sometimes struggle with a good school, sports, and social life balance so I think mental health care is really important to work towards finding that balance,” she said. 

Maintaining good mental health is key to living a successful life. Some tips to improve mental well-being include reaching out for help when needed to a primary doctor or a therapist, improving sleep, and connecting with others. Senior Natalia Davila believes this is essential. 

Mental health is significant in our lives because you need to maintain a healthy and happy lifestyle not only with yourself but with others as well. The first step to doing this is by taking care of your mind.”

— Natalia Davila

The stigma and taboo surrounding mental health is a thing of the past. Today, mental health is addressed more openly.

Celebrating World Mental Health Day every year will continue to raise awareness and continue to prioritize mental health. 

$0
$500