Junior Mia Suarez, senior Daniela Aguila, and others, make bubbles out of their giant slime combination.
Slime is Back!
Lucia Salazar, Writer • May 8, 2024
Students in Ms. Cecilia Calleros D block enjoy an Earth Day activity. Photo:  Mrs. Cecilia Calleros
Earth Day Royal Style
Luna Fernandez, Writer • May 7, 2024

Why Should I Follow a Daily Routine?

Follow+a+daily+routine+like+the+one+illustrated+above+to+improve+your+mood+and+ambition.+
Image by vector4stock on Freepik
Follow a daily routine like the one illustrated above to improve your mood and ambition.

A routine is a sequence of actions regularly followed. Routines enable students to be organized and have stability as they give the day structure. By following a step-by-step schedule, students can decrease the time wasted on phones or other distractions, and increase productivity. Senior Lara Carmona acknowledges the value in daily routines.

“I think setting a routine is important because it keeps you organized and on time,” she said.

Lara’s morning routine before school is thorough and she stays consistent with it.

1. I wake up at 6:00 am. 2. I eat breakfast and drink my coffee at home. 3. I get dressed for school, brush my teeth, and wash my face. 4. I pick up my friend, Renata, and we drive to school together.

Routines are predictable and as such, give peace of mind by reducing anxiety and stress. If you want to reach a goal, routines will help you achieve them by helping you stay focused and breaking down large tasks into smaller more manageable tasks. Senior Victoria Chevallier agrees with this.

“I think having a routine makes you more motivated because you are on track and consistent everyday,” she said.

Vicky’s after school routine helps her manage her stress and reach her personal goals.

1. I pick up my brother from his school. 2. I go home and take a nap. 3. I do college applications and homework. 4. I eat a snack. 5. I workout. 6. I shower. 7. I eat dinner 8. Then, I go to sleep.

Routines build healthy and positive habits that translate into success. Almost all successful people have daily routines. If you are struggling with not being able to achieve your goals, try to start a daily routine to give your life structure as senior Renata Alvarez Gil believes.

“I think having a routine adds structure to your life and helps you with stress management,” she said.

$0
$500