Junior Mia Suarez, senior Daniela Aguila, and others, make bubbles out of their giant slime combination.
Slime is Back!
Lucia Salazar, Writer • May 8, 2024
Students in Ms. Cecilia Calleros D block enjoy an Earth Day activity. Photo:  Mrs. Cecilia Calleros
Earth Day Royal Style
Luna Fernandez, Writer • May 7, 2024

How Can I Decorate My Home For Fall?

Celebrate+the+fall+season+by+decorating+your+home+with+pumpkins.+
Briana Del Oro
Celebrate the fall season by decorating your home with pumpkins.

Fall is a time of cool weather, watching the leaves change color, and experiencing Halloween and Thanksgiving. One of the most enjoyable parts of the season is decorating your home. 

The first step to do this is by assessing the fall color palette. It includes different shades of orange, yellow, brown, and red to complement the decrease in daylight, temperature changes, and changing of the leaves’ colors. Once you understand this and let your creative mind soar, your home will become the perfect representation of the season. 

“I bought yellow and red throw pillows for my couch to give my house that fall mood,” senior Natalia Davila said. 

Whenever many think of fall, the mind immediately jumps to pumpkins. Pumpkins can be utilized as a cute decoration outside of your home to welcome visitors. A combination of mini pumpkins or large pumpkins can add a nice touch to the look you are going for. Senior Miranda Grande carved pumpkins to decorate her home for fall. 

“I carved a few pumpkins with smiley faces on them and placed them at the doorsteps of my house,” Miranda said. 

Another home decoration for Fall is a centerpiece. Centerpieces can make your home feel in the spirit of the holidays. You can make a fall centerpiece in just a few simple steps. First, get a base which can be a basket or a tray. Second, choose a focal point which could be candles, flowers, or a pumpkin. Third, incorporate fall leaves, pine cones, berries, and acorns.

I made a fall centerpiece and it made my whole house look more cozy, warm, and welcoming.”

— Senior Victoria Chevallier

A nice final touch to your fall decorated home is a pumpkin-pie scented candle. When lit, the aroma will remind guests of Thanksgiving and all the feelings of gratitude that come with it. Decorating your home for the fall season will lift your spirits and create positive memories.  

$0
$500