Junior Mia Suarez, senior Daniela Aguila, and others, make bubbles out of their giant slime combination.
Slime is Back!
Lucia Salazar, Writer • May 8, 2024
Students in Ms. Cecilia Calleros D block enjoy an Earth Day activity. Photo:  Mrs. Cecilia Calleros
Earth Day Royal Style
Luna Fernandez, Writer • May 7, 2024

A Sweet Treat in the Sunshine State

Personal Creations
A few delicious toppings to add to your creamy hot chocolate.

It’s no surprise why Florida is called the Sunshine State. The weather is hot and sunny year-round. But this year Floridians have been delighted to enjoy a few weeks of cold weather. The coldest day here in Miami was at 55 degrees Fahrenheit or 12 degrees Celsius!

On chilly days like those, the best treat is hot chocolate. There are many ways to enjoy it. Whether it’s store-bought, homemade, or an instant mix.

One of the best store-bought hot chocolate is Starbucks. It’s chocolate milk steamed and topped with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle.

“Starbucks hot chocolate is my favorite drink during this cold season, especially before school,” said sophomore Celina Sosa

If you’d rather have something quick but homemade, then hot chocolate mix is a good option. Some of the best brands are Swiss Miss, Ghirardelli, and Trader Joe’s.

All you have to do is heat the milk either, in the microwave or stove, and pour in the mix. You can also add in any topping of your choice. Some good toppings include marshmallows, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup.

Lastly, if you are feeling crafty and want to make hot chocolate from scratch, here’s a delicious and creamy recipe. For your ingredients, you are going to need sugar, cocoa powder, salt, water, milk, vanilla, and half and half. Place the dry ingredients in a pan and whisk to a boil. Bring it down to a simmer while stirring for two constant minutes. After two minutes, add in the milk, turn off the heat, and stir in the vanilla. Once done, pour the hot cocoa into mugs and finish off with some half-and-half.

“I tried this recipe with my mom and it was super delicious and not watery,” said sophomore Camila Egea.

$0
$500