ILS Boys Basketball defeats TERRA, 63-58

The ILS Boys Varsity basketball team won their first game of the season, defeating TERRA 63-58 last Tuesday.

Anthony Yero, Editor

On Tuesday, the boys varsity basketball team hosted Terra Environmental in a non-conference game. The Royal Lions were able to prevail against Terra and pick up their first win of the season, 63-58.

The boys got off to a hot start, scoring nine unanswered points off fast breaks after forcing repeated turnovers. Right off the start, everyone knew it was going to be a high scoring game. 

A week after scoring just 43 points against Belen, the Royal Lions were just 10 points short from topping that in just the first half, with 33 points.

Sophomore Georgio Saumat lit up the bench, knocking down back to back threes in the 2nd quarter.

Following the hot 1st half, LaSalle got off to a rough 2nd half start and gave up the lead, scoring just 13 points in the 3rd quarter, but ultimately tying it up to end the 3rd quarter.

The Royals Lions excelled in the 4th quarter, scoring 22 points in 8 minutes, with 11 of the, coming from Junior Emilio Ramirez, who had a game high 28 points.

Junior Joshua Fernandez added to the scoring with 12 points last night, in addition to his monster performance rebounding, grabbing over 4 offensive rebounds.

Following the win, LaSalle gets ready for a back to back as they host Key West (1-0) tonight, (December 4th) in a district matchup. Tonight’s matchup can set the tone for district play and can decide the seeding in the district playoffs as the season continues to unfold.