The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Junior Mia Suarez, senior Daniela Aguila, and others, make bubbles out of their giant slime combination.
Slime is Back!
Lucia Salazar, Writer • May 8, 2024
Students in Ms. Cecilia Calleros D block enjoy an Earth Day activity. Photo:  Mrs. Cecilia Calleros
Earth Day Royal Style
Luna Fernandez, Writer • May 7, 2024

Private Jets Generally Safe

Everything You Need to Know about their Safety Precautions Part 3 of 3
string_bass_dave
The allure of travel on a private jet involves luxury without giving up safety.

The prior two articles in this series addressed the history and environmental impact of private jets. Today’s article will examine their safety record.

“I have personally heard about many crash rates, and most of them come from small jets or private jets. How would we know that private jets are safe? I wouldn’t trust it,” said senior Alana Salazar. 

Well, don’t worry about that, because after taking a brief deep dive into private jet safety, you will emerge reassured.

Flying on a private jet is the best experience of air travel, giving the passenger the ultimate luxury and exclusivity. Not to mention, on private jets, safety is a top priority. 

Why are private jets considered so safe? 

Serious rules are laid down by companies like European Aviation Safety Agency and Federal Aviation Administration. These rules cover everything starting from how things are done during flights, to making sure pilots are top-notch, to keeping the planes in premium condition. 

“I’ve heard of those agencies before because my father has flown on a private jet, so I was just making sure everything would be safe for him. I did a bunch of research, and felt a lot safer after reading the safety rules that those agencies have set,” said senior Nicolas Wallen. 

The safety of private planes is top priority which involves serious tests. Skilled experts give each plane thorough check-ups regularly, fixing any potential issues before they become a big deal. Doing this, ensures that private jets are always in ideal condition. 

Pilots play crucial roles in safety as well. Pilots undergo intense training in order to stay updated on the latest safety rules and tech. Most private jet operators are experienced pilots with many having worked in commercial aviation. Whether its plane maintenance or pilot safety, private jets are all about staying ahead in the safety game.

Maintaining passenger safety is number 1. Flight attendants make sure only the right people get on board by checking everyone and their belongings carefully. Private jet terminals have extra security measures to make the flyers feel safe and secure. 

Flying privately, as addressed in the previous two articles in this series, is all about comfort, style, and making sure that the passengers are also safe. As such private flight attendants are the staffs’ top priority.

I read your other two articles about private jets, and they just make me want to fly on a jet even more. The articles inspired me to want to one day experience flight on them.

— Senior Fernanda Ponce

$0
$500