Seniors’ “Last Christmas”

Gabriela Danger, Opinions Editor

With Christmas creeping up rather fast this year, it’s about time to start consolidating any Christmas lists, especially for seniors.

Whether you’re a sentimental person or not, this year is a big one for all seniors. For the vast majority, it’ll probably be the last official one at home with family before going off to college. Even if you plan to stay at home, things are going to be changing a lot for seniors in the next few months, and the weight many have been feeling is due to that. This Christmas is kind of symbolic for seniors with one chapter closing before another opens.

What do seniors want for this “last Christmas”?  Let’s find out.

There’s lots of different items out there to bring some cheer to their hearts, and now is the perfect time to get them.

Some are just looking to improve their style. Like senior Mia Castellon, a person who is “obsessed with 60s-70s style clothes and [has] been buying some things that fit into the category,” for a while now.

She is asking for an expensive pair of 60s/70s boots to fit her love for this period. Because of their price, she figured they’d work better as a gift rather than a spur-of-the moment buy from her parents.

Another senior, Margaret Coll, is also looking for new footwear, but for different reasons. “I really want the Nintendo and Puma collab Animal Crossing shoes. They’re so cute, and I really wanna snag a pair!” she commented.

The Puma shoes in question. They’re actually really cute! (newsweek.com)

It’s true, the shoes really are the perfect gift for anyone as passionate about the Animal Crossing games as Coll is.

“When I found out they (Nintendo) were collaborating with Puma, I knew I was going to add it FIRST on my Christmas list,” she finished.

However, some other seniors want gifts that can help them remember the friends they made along the way. LTV student and senior Agustina Coretti said simply: “I want a new camera to capture all of my senior year memories!”

Working hard on LTV as she has for three years will definitely produce that effect.

Even though this Christmas is a bit like the end of an era for many seniors, all that means is that seniors should really try and enjoy it. Now that they’re about to be released into winter break, they can enjoy this big Christmas, and hopefully receive all the fun new items they desire. And that goes for every student at ILS, not just seniors.

Merry Christmas, readers!