Vets vs Rooks

@nfl

Came down to the wire, and who wanted it more.

Miguel Gomez, Writer

For more than half a century, the best teams of each conference go head to head every year at the Super Bowl to win the Vince Lombardi Trophy. Throughout this crazy NFL season, it came down to the Los Angeles Rams defeating the Cincinnati Bengals 23-20. Though the underdog Bengals led by Joe “Shiesty” Burrow lost, fans all across the nation know this isn’t the last they’ve seen of the Bengals.

“Yeah, they’re a young team, Joe “Shiesty” is in his second season, Ja’Marr Chase is offensive rookie of the year…it’s hard to tell but I wouldn’t be surprised if Joe “Shiesty” goes to another Super Bowl next year,” said sophomore fanatic Lucas Brena.

If you have social media, then you know how crazy the world was going over Joe “Shiesty.” At the same time though, there were a lot of fans rooting for the Rams to see veterans who have been in the league longer than Joe “Shiesty” or Chase, for example.

“I was going for the Rams just because they have the more veteran players. I think Odell Beckham Jr deserved one, I think Von Miller deserved another one, and some of the other guys like Aaron Donald,” explained Coach De’Andre Mickens.

Being an excitingly close game, some players were hurt. OBJ (Odell Beckham Jr.) left the game early because of a knee injury in the second quarter after scoring the first touchdown to get his team going. On the Bengals, Joe “Shiesty” was sacked mercilessly by the defense , but he fought through it the whole game.

“If he [OBJ] would have stayed in the game, I think the game wouldn’t have even been as close as it was. What happened to him was just a freak incident; it’s unfortunate,” added Coach Mickens.

Cooper Kupp was a key piece and played an insane game, winning the MVP alongside his QB (quarterback) Matthew Stafford when they lost OBJ, and their defense gave Joe “Shiesty” and his offensive line too much trouble in the final minutes of the game.

“They sacked Joe “Shiesty” seven times, which is the most in Super Bowl history,” commented sophomore Jeremy Gonzalez.

Whether you were rooting for the Bengals or the Rams, this game displayed the competitive aspect that every NFL fan resonates with. It gave a lot of aging players a chance to win a Super Bowl and it gave the Bengals’ playoff experience they didn’t have before. All of the Joe “Shiesty” fans out there don’t worry, because the Bengals are not done yet!

“We have a lot of hard-workers in that locker room that will attack this off-season like they did last year. We’re not satisfied with what we did this year… we’re gonna attack next year like we did this year,” said Joe “Shiesty” Burrow.