Call Me if You Get Lost: On Tour!

Maya Martinez, News Editor

Lights flashing, people chanting, the view of the mosh pit from above, and loud music are all things that you experience at a Tyler, The Creator concert. Tyler has been on tour for the album Call Me if You Get Lost, his most recent set of songs. 

His tour was opened by Teezo Touchdown, Vince Staples, and lastly, Kali Uchis. Tyler has collaborated with Kali Uchis on multiple hit songs, included one of his most streamed “See You Again.” Kali Uchis also went viral in 2021 for her song, “Telepatía.”

One part of the concert that some concert-goers didn’t enjoy, was the wait between Kali and Tyler’s set. “The wait in between Kali and Tyler’s set was super annoying,”, said sophomore Alejandro Esperante, “but Kali’s set was very chill. I don’t know much of her new stuff, but it gave me recommendations.”

Tyler performing one of his most popular songs, “EARFQUAKE.” (Alejandro Esperante)

When the crowd finally saw the breathtaking stage backdrop, the screaming increased even more. It was a huge blue house, and next to it was a vintage-style blue Rolls Royce. Also, in the middle of the set he traveled across a boat that was moved across the floor of the arena to the second stage. 

He opened with “Sir Baudelaire,” and continued with some songs from Call Me if You Get Lost. Then, he started playing some older songs like “Yonkers” and “She.” He even said a tribute to his album Igor  which was released in 2019. He gave the audience a story as to why he decided to write and produce those songs in that specific style, and sung some from the album. 

“Since Tyler is one of my favorite artists, it was an amazing experience to see him perform with such intensity,” said sophomore Patricia Quimby-Moro.