Staying Consistent with your 2023 Resolutions

Alexandra Perez

Sophomore Marcella Orlandini writes down her New Years goals. Journaling is an easy way to keep track of your resolution and progress. Write down how far you have come and take note of all the improvements you have made.

Alexandra Perez, Opinion Editor

Have you ever gone to the gym the first week after New Year’s? For those who have, I’m sure you are familiar with the “New Year’s gym rush.”

Those who have made it their 2023 resolution to lose weight, get fit or be more active are all who consist of this crowd. And don’t get me wrong; I applaud those who at least start with the commitment, but this crowd tends to get smaller and smaller as we get deeper into the year.

The gym is just one of the examples of the many resolutions that seem to go down the drain once we get more into 2023.

How can we stay consistent with our resolutions?

First, make sure you set your resolutions in a timeframe that is right for you. For example, if your resolution is to go on a daily run, be sure your schedule can fit this. The more you don’t complete your daily run, the harder it will be to stay consistent. Set a more attainable goal, like going on a run twice a week.

Second, set goals for things you really want and need. Don’t just set a resolution to have a resolution. Set this goal because it is necessary in your life and it is something you want to see improve.

Third, start with small steps. If you set a difficult resolution, don’t jump fully into it immediately. Give yourself time to grow with your goal and ease into it. Start with baby steps and slowly add more.

Fourth, recognize your improvement and progress. It is key to give yourself credit on your progress. When you notice the results you are working towards beginning to emerge, give yourself credit and recognition.

Overall, follow these tips in order to help you stay on track and reach your goals.