Don Bosco Day 2023

Ma

Junior Colette Finley with Mr. Tim Gamwell at the painting station located in the pavilion during Don Bosco Day. There were so many games and activities to do.

Maya Garcia, Sports Editor

Kicking off Catholic Schools week with a BANG, Don Bosco Day was another one for the books! We have had so many fun activities and pep rallies to start off Catholic Schools Week celebrating St John Bosco.

This past Tuesday was filled with fun and games, such as rock climbing, sports on the field, bouncy houses, crafts and activities in classrooms, and of course, endless snacks.

“Don Bosco Day is always so much fun. As a senior, I will really miss enjoying this day with my friends and teachers,” said senior Pier Roca

As seniors, this is our last Don Bosco Day at ILS. It is a bittersweet realization for our seniors finally understanding the importance of fun during their high school experience, remembering La Salle for the enthusiasm and a happy energized environment.

My first Don Bosco Day was a lot of fun. I went on the bouncy houses and made crafts.

— Emma Angeli

We can learn many things from St. John Bosco such as kindness, reason, and religion. He inspires us to live out a good Salesian lifestyle and to be an inspiration to others everyday. Always remember to listen to Don Bosco’s lessons, and especially learn from them…

As St. John Bosco said, “Remember that education is a matter of the heart, of which God is the sole master, and we will be unable to achieve anything unless God teaches us, and puts the key in our hands. Let us strive to make ourselves loved, and we will see the doors of many hearts open with great ease, and join with us in singing praises and blessing of Him who wished to make himself our model, our way, our example in everything, but especially in the education of the young…”