Things to do Beyond Valentine’s Day

Bruna Egea

Senior Bruna Egea created this artistic rendering of a heart in art class.

Gabriela Pinate, Writer

Valentines Day’s may be a day to celebrate friendship, but it is mostly about love.

Are there any guidelines for remembering this day?

Actually, yes!

THINGS TO DO

Celebrate the big and the small by showing you care.

How about a gift? Though chocolate, flowers, teddy bears, and cards are the most popular, think about something distinctive to that person that he or she would truly appreciate. Get creative!

If you really want to give something special, get something they will never expect.

A good relationship is knowing what someone likes or enjoys.

When it’s Valentine’s Day, you could also go out and do something.

The most common activity is might be a romantic dinner.

But there is also a movie or a picnic.

SOME DO’S AND DON’TS

Sophomore Lauren Boj says, “Don’t assume things. Trust your partner, communicate, and don’t rush things.”

1)Communication is key. Tell the person how you feel instead of keeping secrets.

2) Set boundaries. You don’t need to share everything with the person. Respect each other’s boundaries because it strengthens your relationship and builds trust.

3) You don’t have to think of your future with the person you meet. You can date just to try, but make sure they know your intentions.

Have Patience. If something angers you, just stay calm and talk about it.

— Lauren Boj

Lauren also says that Valentine’s Day is the day someone can specifically show affection as well as appreciation.

Although it is a day for that, it does not mean it should not be on the other days. It is an excuse to show affection. Some people may feel forced to give, but they should not. The only thing required is a demonstration of love for another.

There is no specific thing to do to show your love, just do what your heart tells you to

— Lauren Boj