Time to Swap Spit and Hit the Road

Maya

These photos capture some of the fondest memories of Sports Editor Maya Garcia’s four years at ILS.

Maya Garcia, Sports Editor

What this really means is, it’s all said and done, it’s real, and it’s been fun!

My last article is here at last! I can’t believe high school is actually over. Four years of my life spent at Immaculata-La Salle High School waiting for the day that I would graduate. Honestly, I could say now, on my last day, that I wish I weren’t leaving.
It’s a bittersweet moment  since it’s time to start our lives, but our whole routine is now shifting faster than we can imagine. It’s the most confusing time of our lives, but with some tips and tricks, you’ll survive!

Let’s get it straight. There’s not a list to follow that will make your college admission process perfect, but it could be way easier if you reach out for help.

First things first, educate yourself.
When I started the process, I was scared that since I had no clue what anything meant, I wouldn’t get into college, but I learned everything pretty easily and I’ve done it all myself! RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH

Secondly, don’t stress!
The stress could be unbearable but it’s all temporary. Coming from a person with high anxiety, it’s OK. Remember at the end of the day, you are the only one who has your back. Trust yourself to truly be comfortable with everything you do.

Finally, it’s better to be early! 
Try to get everything done in October; it will help you so much to be able to have a fun, carefree senior year.

Thank you ILS for helping me grow into the young woman I am today. I’m very grateful for all my experiences, and especially grateful for the ups and downs. Plus, I’m so excited to see where life takes me.

It’s been real ILS. PEACE OUTTTT!!!!

Much love, homies…

Maya Garcia :)))