Girls Soccer takes the Win

ILS+girls+varsity+soccer+team+improved+to+5-3+with+the+win+over+University+School.+

ILS girls varsity soccer team improved to 5-3 with the win over University School.

Lia Sarria, Writer

The Immaculata-La Salle’s girls varsity soccer team took yet another win Tuesday afternoon, defeating University School, 4-2. The Lady Royal Lions traveled to Fort Lauderdale for this non-conference matchup and snapped University School’s 5-game winning streak.

Senior Jessica Saavedra and sophomore Hanah Gonzalez both scored two goals. Yet, they couldn’t have scored without senior Anabel Toledo, who had two assists, and senior Valentina Pafumi who had one.

The Senior girls are really taking control of the team, which is leading us to victories. Saavedra now has three goals on the season. Toldeo has a team-leading five assists this year. Pafumi has also been an offensive force, with three goals and an assist so far.

Sophomore goalkeeper Adriana Paredes let two balls go by, but did not disappoint us the slightest. She fought to keep any other balls from going into the goal and earned her fifth win of the season.

Hanah Gonzalez has played extremely well this season and her four goals scored lead the team. The ILS girls varsity soccer team has an overall record of 5-3.

They were supposed to have a home game this Friday against Our Lady of Lourdes but it has been postponed. Their next game is Tuesday, January 7th at 6 pm against Doral Academy.