ILS Golf Season Preview

ILS+golf+team+member+readies+for+a+putt.+

ILS golf team member readies for a putt.

Ryan Desalle, Writer

As the ILS golf season approaches their new season facing many new rules and regulations that have been implemented for the safety of the players and the coaches as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

To begin, with this year’s season is going to be very short with about a two-week limit. Although this is very different then usual, the seniors were concerned they weren’t even going to play at all.

The first math beings on October 1st versus Carrolton. This will be an all-girl match and only a maximum of five players can participate.

The following week the girls and boys will face off against SLAM Academy on October 7th, followed by a match against Palmer Trinity on the 8th. This will end the regular season and districts will take place on the 13th.

Players aren’t required to participate in group practices this year due to COVID. They are required to practice during their own times, which quarantine gave them a benefit for.

The golf team has continued to improve and even though covid is still around this hasn’t and won’t affect any of the players this season.

“Each season the golf team has continued to improve, and this year seems to be no different. I feel as though during quarantine everyone has had the chance to work on their game,” said ILS golf head coach Mr James Rydborn.

“We have the same competitive girls team as last year who narrowly missed on making it to regionals, and the boys team has 8 competitive players,” said Coach Rydborn.

Coach Rydborn is still working in picking his top five players for this season, currently the girls roster consist of seniors Emiliana Chediak, Emily Fernandez and Veronica Eulate, as well as junior Mariana Narnajo and sophomore Carly Costaregni. The boys team is still currently being finalized.

The players are excited to finally take on to the courses once again with there team while being able to stay safe