Victoria Morera Signs NLI To Spring Hill College

Michael Yero, Writer

For anyone with athletic aspirations, a dream come true is the ability to sign at the next level.

For Victoria Morera, that ambition became a reality, signing her National Letter of Intent to Spring Hill College.

“Throughout high school, I have had many obstacles, but with those obstacles just came newer and bigger goals,” Morera said. “My biggest goal throughout my four years of high school was to get a full scholarship to continue my athletic and academic career. The feeling is euphoric, knowing about the good job you did and that your hard work has paid off.”

Located in Mobil, Alabama, the Division II program is primarily part of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC). Morera, a two-year Cross Country runner at ILS and standout track and field star, will have a chance to showcase her abilities at one of the highest collegiate levels.

“I am very proud of Victoria or any athlete signing to the next level,” Athletic Director Nicolas Fernandez said. “It’s extremely hard to make it to the next level regardless of the school or sport. We are very happy she can continue to the things she loves and is passionate about. We wish her the best of luck on her next journey.”

Morera has headlined LaSalle’s running group since transferring to ILS as a junior. That said, she’s given it her all through that stretch to get to the level she’ll soon be heading to.

“As my senior year comes to an end, I hope to leave the legacy of leadership, confidence and determination on the track,” she said. “I hope as years come about the running program stays headstrong as we were these past two years. I also hope my legacy continues to breaking the 4 x 8 record and 800 m record.”

Morera’s ability to transition to the ILS culture has started with her relationship with coach Eddie Cerdeiras, a 14-year coach at Immaculata-LaSalle. Coach Eddy’s confidence in her passion and assertiveness has built a trust that has provided Morera with’ the vehicle and road map.’

“We are both opposites,” Cerdeiras said,” two polarities but we are both willing to work together for the common good – the success of both teams. … A general needs good field officers, a coach needs good captains.”

Morera and her team kicked-off the track and field campaign Tuesday, looking to continue improving as the season progresses.