The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

Feria Latina Fills the Air with Flavors

Ms. Cristina Ramirez
Students enjoy one another’s company and indulge in a variety of Latin American dishes at the Feria Latina.

It is well known that ILS has a vibrant tapestry of diverse cultures and traditions, but during Feria Latina everyone gets the chance to celebrate those cultures and truly embody the spirit of unity and celebration. This lively event brings together the whole ILS family to revel in the rich heritage of Latin cultures. The school grounds buzz with excitement as everyone comes dressed in vibrant attire representing various Latin American countries, from jerseys to traditional garments, showcasing the cultures present within the school community.

The festivities kicked off with a bilingual Mass, where prayers and hymns echoed in both Spanish and English. The atmosphere was filled with a sense of togetherness, as students from diverse backgrounds joined in prayer, bridging the gap between cultures through shared faith.

Following the Mass, students made their way to the school field, which had been transformed into a bustling hub of activities and flavors. Booths were adorned with colorful decorations representing different Latin American countries, such as Cuba, Mexico, Venezuela, and Spain, offering an array of authentic cuisines from each.

Participants eagerly sampled dishes from various countries, savoring the unique flavors and spices that define each culture’s culinary heritage. The event not only satisfied the taste buds but also nurtured an appreciation for the diverse traditions that exist within the Latin American community.

While, students were engaged in a culinary delight, here were many other activities being offered. In the gymnasium, Latin music filled the air as students showcased their dance moves in a few rounds of Just Dance. Simultaneously, the school’s field transformed into a lively soccer pitch, where players displayed their skills and sportsmanship in friendly matches. 

Feria Latina served as a testament to the vibrant cultural mosaic that defines ILS. It not only celebrated the Latin American heritage but also fostered an environment of inclusivity, understanding, and mutual respect among students and staff. 

$0
$500