Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

Honestly, Never Mind; this One is “For All the Dogs”

Drake’s New Album Just Dropped
On Spotify, it is easy to find the album especially since it is ranked number 1 in the U.S.
Isa Alzati

Drake’s highly anticipated eighth album, “For All the Dogs,” debuted October 6, 2023, delighting fans with a fresh and diverse sound. The album showcases a fusion of various genres, including R&B and drill, which demonstrates Drake’s versatility as an artist. 

Senior Mariana Castillo believes, “The album is fire. It’s just one of those albums you have to listen to and it just grows on you.” 

Mariana Castillo jams out to Adonis’s verse in Daylight. (Isabella Alzati)

In addition to Frank Ocean, “For All the Dogs,” boasts an impressive lineup of featured artists, including Bad Bunny, Chief Keef, J. Cole, and even Drake’s own son, Adonis, who makes a memorable appearance, rapping a part on the closing track “Daylight.” What sets this album apart from some of Drake’s previous work is its departure from the typical themes of sadness and introspection. Instead of dwelling on past relationships and personal grievances, “For All the Dogs” takes a lighter approach, using humor and wit to address these themes. Drake’s playful and self-aware lyricism invites listeners to enjoy the music in a more lighthearted way.

Senior, Rachel Respeto listens to “For All the Dogs.” (Isabella Alzati)

Senior Emilie Reyes says, “Personally I thought the album was okay it wasn’t the old Drake.” 

Furthermore, the album features two tracks inspired by TikTok, demonstrating Drake’s adaptability in embracing new trends and sounds. While different from his usual style, these songs have proven to be catchy resonating with a younger audience. Overall, “For All the Dogs” showcases Drake’s evolution as an artist, offering a mix of genres, unexpected collaborations, and a more jovial approach to his music, which is sure to delight both his longtime fans and new listeners alike. 

Senior Gabriella Chong said, “I loved the album. I listen to it every day. My favorite song is Daylight.” 

“The album is fire. It’s just one of those albums you have to listen to and it just grows on you.”

— Mariana Castillo

$0
$500