Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

TikTok Star Alix Earle Gets Real with Fans on new Podcast

Earle Reveals the Depths of her Rise to Fame on Hot Mess
The famed social media influencer, Alix Earle, actually is a Hurricane, having earned her undergraduate degree at UM.
Sonali Prabhu

Alix Ashley Earle is a 22-year-old girl from New Jersey who while attending the University of Miami in the fall of 2019, began making “Get Ready With Me” TikToks. In those TikToks, she took viewers through her skincare and makeup routine while sharing insight about her life as a student at UM. Years later in 2022, Earle gained a lot of attention as her videos increasingly got more views. She quickly established her role as the TikTok “It Girl.” Mainly focusing on the beauty industry, she constantly gets brand deals and has advertised products for White Fox Boutique, Rare Beauty, and Tarte Cosmetics. Additionally, Earle never misses out on an opportunity to go out; from New York Fashion Week to the Super Bowl to the hottest Miami clubs, she has seen it all!

As of today, Earle seems to find ways to keep viewers entertained with her daily life even while having graduated from the University of Miami Herbert Business School.  One of the methods she used for keeping her fans up to date with her busy and eventful journey was creating a podcast. Titled Hot Mess, she delivers weekly recaps of just about everything going on with everything, The podcast debuted September 21st with an episode titled: “Just Friends?”. In this episode, Earle communicated concerns and questions that fans had about her relationship with Miami Dolphins player Braxton Berrios.

Since that first episode, she has uploaded four additional ones. September 28th she dropped “My Sorority Nightmare,” where she went on about the ups and downs of rush and how she herself, got dropped from her two top houses. Her main point was that at the time, during her freshman year, getting dropped felt like the end of the world. She later realized, with the help of friends and advisors, that this experience did not define her as a person. She explained that she went on to form lifelong friendships and overall had an amazing college life at the U, regardless of being rejected from the popular sorority houses.

In later episodes, the influencer shared personal battles she struggled with and how she battled them, such as her eating disorder. She claims to have been obsessed with the “dieting culture,” and going down a very bad path with herself and her body image. She struggled with body dysmorphia, a disorder in which sufferers see distorted versions of themselves. She felt bigger than she really was and in turn, forced herself to throw up. She realized that what she was doing was causing her to feel worse, not only mentally but her body was physically reacting to it as well. She decided to make it upon herself to stop. She learned to slowly overcome those unhealthy habits. 

More recently, Earle has dropped two additional episodes which are a bit more lighthearted than the first. In the episode titled Earle Girls Vs Paris,  she recaps highlights of her trip to Paris with her sister Ashtin Earle. In the last episode, which she uploaded for October, she goes into detail about her college house with her best friends. They called it “Casa Amor” and they went through all four years of college together. This house and friendship mean a lot to Alix and the girls and in this episode, they reunited to discuss the secrets of their crazy times living in that house. Earle seems to give genuine advice and despite being rich and privileged, most girls find her comforting and relatable. Fans can’t wait to see what’s next for her.

$0
$500