The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Junior Mia Suarez, senior Daniela Aguila, and others, make bubbles out of their giant slime combination.
Slime is Back!
Lucia Salazar, Writer • May 8, 2024
Students in Ms. Cecilia Calleros D block enjoy an Earth Day activity. Photo:  Mrs. Cecilia Calleros
Earth Day Royal Style
Luna Fernandez, Writer • May 7, 2024

Hoco Recap 2023

Seniors+celebrating+after+winning+color+wars.+
Camila Garcia
Seniors celebrating after winning color wars.

After three years of consecutive losses, the class of 2024 finally secured a Homecoming win. The week leading up to the big victory was filled with themed events.  Senior Sunrise and Color Wars took place Monday with the sunrise emerging at 6:40 am as seniors gathered around the bay to take pictures. Francesca Abdo mentioned: 

“I thought it was super wholesome and I finally got super cute pictures of my friend group!”

After challenges like color wars, skit day, decorating buildings, and class spirit, the points added up to seniors taking the win. Sophia Castillo said: 

“At the beginning of color wars I was with all my friends…we were super excited to surprise the underclassmen like the seniors did last year.”

Tuesday was rhyme without reason, which, for example included seniors Victoria Harding and Maria Kaminski as flapper and rapper, and Maria Arena and Valentina Tamayo as bumble bee and referee. 

“The outfits were creative and funny seeing everyone with their crazy costumes,” said Nora Gutierrez. 

Wednesday was skit day. Skit day was… interesting to say the least. The sophomores impressed everyone with an excellent skit. The juniors skit was also really good, and the seniors were jaw-dropped after seeing all the skits. 

Thursday was a decade day; it definitely did not hold as much excitement as the days prior, but students still managed to use creativity to make cool costumes on theme. Friday, the long awaited day of Homecoming winner, the seniors were anxious and nervous. 

“We’ve never not won last place. I really don’t know how to feel about it because the other classes have brought so much competition,” said Adryan Mendoza. 

The senior class was still hyped, trying to earn the little bit of points they could and then Mrs. Lianne Davila announced it. 

All the seniors went crazy as this was the first time they had ever won. Out of all the three years, it had been all last place. But they were all jumping up and down with confetti cannons and all. 

Then Saturday was Homecoming dance where everyone showed up in dresses and suits looking super sophisticated. The whole school definitely came together to all have fun. Maria Quercia and Emilio Diblodox won Homecoming Queen and King. 

“It was my second Homecoming here at La Salle and I won Homecoming King!” Emilio exclaimed. 

All in all, 

“Seniors run this.” – Nico Pacheco.

Class of 2024 at Senior Sunrise. (Isabella Alzati)
$0
$500