The Student News Site of Immaculata-La Salle High School

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Royal Courier

Online versus In person shopping can offer the consumer a variety of choices.
Online Vs. Shopping In Person
Daniela Beltran, Writer • May 1, 2024
Seniors Valentina Gonzalez,Isabella Brand, Antonella Velasquez, Mia Mena, Daniela Quirós, Miranda Dunbar, and Megan Dominguez pose for pictures before prom begins.
A Night to Remember
Antonella Velasquez, Editor-in-Chief • April 29, 2024
Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024

Sustainable Boating: Navigating Eco-Friendly Waves

Brecelis Valdes
Navigating towards a cleaner and brighter future, one boat at a time, ILS students, faculty, and families who frequent the warm South Florida waters can make a difference.

Floridians are lucky to live on a floating peninsula surrounded by beautiful and vast oceans.

For most, boating is an enjoyable, recreational activity much loved by so many. Still, avid boaters must not forget to protect the oceans while boating safely, something which can be done in a variety of ways.

First, boaters can avoid pollution. When fueling up, ensure not to spill fuel into the water, and not to overfill the tank so it doesn’t pour out. This procedure can be accomplished using a rag or funnel.

Boaters can also avoid littering. Before departing ensure to have plenty of garbage bags and a recycling bin. This way there will be no loose garbage aboard.

“Before my family and I leave for a trip on the water, we always make sure to have non-plastic garbage bags aboard along with a small recycling bin,” said sophomore Gabi Cardozo.

One big no-no while boarding is to not throw garbage overboard. This includes dumping out cups, plastic items, and liquids.

Other common items that accidentally end up in the ocean are cigarette butts, styrofoam, and plastic caps.

Another way to avoid harming the ocean is to use environment-friendly cleaning products. Avoid using harsh chemicals to clean your boat. When purchasing cleaning items look for ones that are non-phosphate. Dawn is one of many great environment-friendly cleaning products.

“The only thing my dad and I use to clean our boat is Dawn because I know we know it won’t harm our oceans,” said sophomore Esme Cush.

These are just a few of the many ways to ensure care for the beloved ocean. It might seem like small steps, but they do make a big difference.

$0
$500