Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024
These Images feature the different displays of Octobuddies for those considering purchasing one.
Octobuddy: Trend or Need
Aubree Arango, Writer • April 25, 2024

Spring Sports Are Off To A Strong Start

ILS- Instagram Account
ILS lacrosse team wins 9 to 2 against Coral Springs Highschool.

Good evening,

Here is your Monday sports flash and upcoming sports schedule.

Lacrosse: On Monday night the lacrosse team opened their season away against Coral Springs Highschool. The team did not allow the jitters to slow them down jumping to a 4-0 start in the first quarter on the shoulders of 2 goals from each Lucas Brena and Nicholas Wallen. The team cruised the rest of the night finishing the game 9-2 and the win. Huge way to start the season. Shout outs to Goalie Juanmartin Gomez, for an amazing game in the cage and Andrew Mitchell for 3 goals on the night. Umi Noritake also had a great game with his countless clears and the rest of the team for finishing the game strong and starting the season off with a win.

The team did drop a close game to a tough Florida Christian team 2-3. Lucas Brena led the way for the offense with 2 goals. Goalie Juan Martin Gomez kept the team in it with 16 saves.

Pablo Martinez had a great game with 6 ground balls.

Tennis: This week the girls had 2 matches while the boys had the week off. The girls got back to winning way against Florida Christian school on Tuesday with a convincing 7-0 win. Sabrina Casareale played a great game against the FCS number 1 with a dominant 8-1 win. Isabella Puglisi also picked up an 8-1 win in the number 2 spot. Gabriella Punzo played in the number 3 spot and came out with a 8-0 win over their number 3. Juliana Hawley and Agatha Morrsion grabbed the wins at the 4 and 5 spot respectively with 8-2 and 8-1 wins. The dominance continued into the doubles with Sabrina and Isabella combining in the doubles 1 spot and getting a 6-2 win. Juliana and Agatha also got a great win in the number 2 spot with a 6-0 win.

On Thursday, the girls team played host to Lourdes Academy. This was the second year that the tennis team have played Lourdes, and after losing a close one last season 4-3, the girls were determined to get the win this year.  The matches were all very close, and a few points here and there lead to Lourdes leaving with a 5-2 win. Sabrina Casareale fought hard against a very experienced senior. After being 7-2 down, she managed to claw her way back to 7-5 before the Lourdes number 1 closed it out at 8-5. Gabriealla Punzo played some of her best tennis of the season and came out with a 8-2 win in the number 3 spot. Juliana Hawley also played a fantastic match in the number 4 spot, winning with a score of 8-6. Agatha Morrison fought hard all the way to the end of her game, losing in the tiebreak which gave Lourdes a 3-2 lead going into the doubles. In the doubles, Sabrina and Isabella had chances against the doubles 1 of Lourdes, but in the end, the experience of the Lourdes girls got the best and came away with a 6-3 win.

Upcoming Sports Schedule:

Tuesday, February 20, 2024: Softball team kicks of their season vs SLAM at Palmetto Bay Park.

Tennis team takes on Don Soffer at Crandon Park Tennis center.

Wednesday, February 21, 2024: Baseball team kicks off its regular season vs Somerset Silver Palms at Tamiami park Field #3.

Lacrosse hosts Westminster Academy.

Thursday, February 22, 2024: Softball team travels to Marathon for a first pitch.

Baseball team travels to Westwood Christian for a first pitch.

Beach volleyball kicks off their season vs Westminster Christian at Coral Reef Park.

Friday, February 23, 2024: Track team kicks off their season at Calvary Christian invite.

Lacrosse team hosts Travella for a

match.

Saturday, February 24, 2024: JV baseball travels to Miami High for a double header.

$0
$500