Girl’s Varsity Volleyball Team End Season on a High Note

The+2023+Immaculata-La+Salle+Girls+Volleyball+District+Champions+beams+with+pride.+
Jay Gonzalez
The 2023 Immaculata-La Salle Girls Volleyball District Champions beams with pride.

ILS’s very own Girls Varsity Volleyball Team consists of fourteen talented players which includes a variety of sophomores, juniors, and seniors. The coaches are Andres Saladrigas, Danny Saladrigas, and Maria Cuesta. The team is closely bonded, having worked tirelessly in practice to achieve their success.

“Our practices would start with warmups and would consist of in game situations and scrimmages that would be either against each other or the junior varsity team,” explained senior Gaby Rodriguez.

The team was led by Senior Miranda Dunbar, an eight-year volleyball veteran, who enjoyed her last year on the ILS team as one of three captains. Alongside her serving as role models and leaders as captains were senior Lucia Gonzalez and junior Sunshine Garcia.

“Being captain this year was very inspiring because the position taught me how to lead not only my teammates but my friends,” said Miranda.

The team ended their season elated. The girls won a back-to-back district championship against MAST Academy by winning three sets to zero. This achievement made all their great efforts worthwhile. Additionally, the senior players—Gaby Rodriguez, Lucia Gonzalez, Miranda Dunbar, and Miranda Grande—enjoyed special recognition being honored at their Senior Night amongst family and friends.

“As an experience, the varsity volleyball team has taught me valuable life lessons. The school season showed me to never take anything for granted because it goes by so quickly and you need to appreciate every moment before it is gone, like Senior Night. I am beyond grateful for my coaches for believing in me every time they put me on the court. I will also value the lifelong friendships I have made with these girls,” said senior Miranda Grande.

The Girls Varsity Volleyball Team will have left an impacting legacy at ILS of perseverance, courage, and unity.

$0
$500