Online versus In person shopping can offer the consumer a variety of choices.
Online Vs. Shopping In Person
Daniela Beltran, Writer • May 1, 2024
Seniors Valentina Gonzalez,Isabella Brand, Antonella Velasquez, Mia Mena, Daniela Quirós, Miranda Dunbar, and Megan Dominguez pose for pictures before prom begins.
A Night to Remember
Antonella Velasquez, Editor-in-Chief • April 29, 2024
Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024

Football = Brotherhood

HJ
ILS football team joins the cheerleaders for a celebratory photo.

“It’s like for us seniors. It’s us being the big brother to the underclassmen. We help them and give them advice.”

— Senior Jordan Adams.

The ILS Football team is known for being super close knit and for hyping each other up. As the school’s resident hypemen, they bring the enthusiasm that sometimes is lacking at pep rallies. Even among the team, it’s considered a brotherhood for them all. 

“It’s like for us seniors. It’s us being the big brother to the underclassmen. We help them and give them advice,” said senior Jordan Adams.

The football teams helps each other even outside of football. They guide one another regularly by offering relationship advice, school work help, rides, socializing opportunities, and much, much more. There exists a palpable sense of comraderie visibly noticeable even during matches, practices, and other occasions. The jokes and the constant playing around with each other are enough to almost make anyone jealous of their closeness. 

“Everyone was very open towards me. No one was rude,” said senior Royce Adeniken when recalling his initial introduction to the football team.

“This is my first year at ILS, and I was super shocked with how I was treated so nicely. They are super open and nice,” said Billy Saleh, a junior.

Being that it was Billy’s and Royce’s first year, it must have been pretty nerve-wraking. Yet, as they were quick to underscore, they were treated to open arms from the team. It was very easy to make friends with all of their teammates from then on.

$0
$500