Online versus In person shopping can offer the consumer a variety of choices.
Online Vs. Shopping In Person
Daniela Beltran, Writer • May 1, 2024
Seniors Valentina Gonzalez,Isabella Brand, Antonella Velasquez, Mia Mena, Daniela Quirós, Miranda Dunbar, and Megan Dominguez pose for pictures before prom begins.
A Night to Remember
Antonella Velasquez, Editor-in-Chief • April 29, 2024
Alumna Ilen Perez-Valdes was recently recognized as a part of the Step Up alumni network.
Step Up Recognizes ILS Students
Mrs. Monica Orelle, Special Contributor • April 25, 2024
ILS Varsity Baseball team has been quite active for the 2024 season.
The ILS Varsity Baseball Team Defeated Dr Krop HS 8-2
Nick Fernandez, Hannah Brewster Sports Editor • April 25, 2024

Cross Country has Appeal

Where the View Never Changes, Unless You’re in the Lead
Danny Aguas
Senior Emmanuel Roca runs at a Cross Country meet.

Cross country is a sport that combines endurance, strength, and mental fortitude. Despite its grueling nature, the appeal of cross country lies not just in the physical challenges it presents, but also in the mental and emotional rewards it offers.

“I run for the mental escape it gives me,” expressed senior cross country runner Mariam Osman.

Cross country is often regarded as a sport that fosters personal growth in individuals. It pushes athletes to their limits, both physically and mentally, requiring them to overcome obstacles and test their endurance.

“I first chose to do cross country in my junior year to lose some weight. I just wanted to become fitter and healthier,” said senior Emmanuel Roca sharing another reason one might partake in the sport.

The repetitive nature of running long distances builds resilience, discipline, and determination. These athletes learn the value of perseverance, setting goals, and working hard to achieve them. This aspect of personal growth is a major appeal for many athletes, as the skills and mindset developed in cross country extend far beyond the race itself.

I’m a very competitive person and being able to see my progression in my running through my dedication gives me an outlet to decompress

— senior Miriam Osman

The sense of accomplishment that comes from completing a race or achieving a personal best provides a unique emotional reward, fueling the desire to continue participating in the sport.

“I never would’ve realized how much running helped me,” noted senior Lia Broder sharing how running became an outlet for her. 

The sport demands mental strength and resilience. Runners face various challenges, such as battling fatigue, pushing through pain, and overcoming self-doubt. Conquering these mental obstacles not only builds character but also boosts self-confidence. The ability to overcome physical and mental barriers in cross country translates into other areas of life, such as academics, careers, and personal relationships.

$0
$500