Junior Mia Suarez, senior Daniela Aguila, and others, make bubbles out of their giant slime combination.
Slime is Back!
Lucia Salazar, Writer • May 8, 2024
Students in Ms. Cecilia Calleros D block enjoy an Earth Day activity. Photo:  Mrs. Cecilia Calleros
Earth Day Royal Style
Luna Fernandez, Writer • May 7, 2024

Miami Traffic is a Nightmare

Fasten+your+seatbelts%2C+this+is+what+Miami+traffic+could+look+like.+
Comstock
Fasten your seatbelts, this is what Miami traffic could look like.

Some of the best aspects of Miami include beautiful beaches, warm climate, and vibrant Hispanic cultures. However, one thing that everyone hates who lives here is its traffic. Whether it’s rush hour or a car accident, all local drivers have endured Miami traffic in some way. Miami traffic is only getting worse due to a growth in population, car culture, and infrastructure deficiencies. Senior Mia Mena stays alert at all times when driving around the city. 

“Driving in Miami is very interesting because there are lots of bad drivers and people who just aren’t paying attention so you really have to be on top of everything to stay safe,” Mia explained. 

As if traffic weren’t bad enough, road rage has become more prevalent in the 305. For those who are unfamiliar with the term, road rage is a driver’s uncontrolled anger provoked by another driver who acts in an aggressive or violent manner. Road rage can include verbal insults, physical threats, or dangerous driving methods targeted at other drivers to intimidate or release frustration.

“I have seen really bad road rage on social media. Only In Dade (Instagram) has posted it before and it frightens me to see how people react when things do not go their way, especially when on the road,” senior Rachael Restrepo expressed. 

Rachael is not the only one who feels this way. Frustrated senior Sebastian Debora offers insight on his experience with Miami traffic. 

“People don’t use their turn signals and just throw themselves in the middle of the road which can be a pain and cause serious accidents and injuries to other drivers,” he said. 

The best advice to avoid Miami traffic is to learn alternate routes to your destination. Also, plan ahead and leave with enough time to ensure you factor in delays due to road congestion or accidents.  

$0
$500