Junior Mia Suarez, senior Daniela Aguila, and others, make bubbles out of their giant slime combination.
Slime is Back!
Lucia Salazar, Writer • May 8, 2024
Students in Ms. Cecilia Calleros D block enjoy an Earth Day activity. Photo:  Mrs. Cecilia Calleros
Earth Day Royal Style
Luna Fernandez, Writer • May 7, 2024

Under the Radar: Miami’s Hidden Hispanic Restaurants

Brecelis Valdes
These images do not capture the culinary essence of hidden Hispanic restaurants across Miami.

Everyone is familiar with the popular spots for Hispanic food like Coyo Taco and Versailles. But there are other eateries nestled in between the well-known ones that offer truly authentic Hispanic cuisine.

One popular gem is La Casita, an authentic Cuban restaurant tucked away in a small shopping center. It’s located in Coral Gables, just a few blocks away from the overrated Versailles Cuban restaurant.

The dishes at La Casita are created with half-century-old recipes in a family environment with excellent customer service.

“My friend recommended me this restaurant and I loved it. I go with my family now at least once a month,” said junior Ava Von Teuber.

Some of their most popular dishes include Baby Palomilla, Vaca Frita, and Yuca Frita. Prices are moderate considering the large portion sizes. Overall, they are a 4-star rated restaurant.

Next up is El Palenque Pizzeria. They are authentic Cuban pizzerias uniquely found inside gas stations at four different locations: West Flagler, Kendall, Westchester, and Hialeah. All are equally delicious.

“I love this place. I think it has the best pizza in Miami which is ironic since they are inside of gas stations,” said sophomore Gabrielle Von Teuber

Their most popular items are pizzas and milkshakes. The pizzas feature a thick crust with toasty edges. The milkshakes are not overly sweet and are served in a caramel-drizzled cup.

Not only are they conveniently located but they are also inexpensive. It’s no wonder they are a 5-star rated pizzeria.

Lastly is Mi Rinconcito Mexicano located in Little Havana. Some of their most popular dishes are Tacos Revolcados, Tacos Al Pastor, and Chicken Tacos.

They offer authentic Mexican cuisine in a quaint little restaurant at an affordable price.

“This is my favorite restaurant when I just want some comfort food that’s not too expensive,” said sophomore Amelie Terry.

$0
$500